Services are intended for users who are at least 18 years old. Persons under the age
of 18 are not permitted to use or register for the Services.
other intellectual property rights and unfair competition laws) and treaties in the United
States and around the world.
- access the Services; and
- download or print a copy of any portion of the Content to which you have properly gained access.
aggregated, republished, uploaded, posted, publicly displayed, encoded,
translated, transmitted, distributed, sold, licensed, or otherwise exploited
for any commercial purpose whatsoever, without our express prior written
- confirm that you have read and agree with our “PROHIBITED ACTIVITIES” and will not post, send, publish, upload, or transmit through the Services any Submission that is illegal, harassing, hateful, harmful, defamatory, obscene, bullying, abusive, discriminatory, threatening to any person or group, sexually explicit, false, inaccurate, deceitful, or misleading;
- to the extent permissible by applicable law, waive any and all moral rights to any such Submission;
- warrant that any such Submission are original to you or that you have the necessary rights and licenses to submit such Submissions and that you have full authority to grant us the above-mentioned rights in relation to your Submissions; and
- warrant and represent that your Submissions do not constitute confidential information.
minor in the jurisdiction in which you reside; (3) you will not access the Services through automated or non-human means, whether through a bot, script or
otherwise; (4) you will not use the Services for any illegal or unauthorized purpose; and (5) your use of the Services will not violate any applicable law or regulation.
- Systematically retrieve data or other content from the Services to create or compile, directly or indirectly, a collection, compilation, database, or directory without written permission from us.
- Trick, defraud, or mislead us and other users, especially in any attempt to learn sensitive account information such as user passwords.
- Circumvent, disable, or otherwise interfere with security-related features of the Services, including features that prevent or restrict the use or copying of any Content or enforce limitations on the use of the Services and/or the Content contained therein.
- Disparage, tarnish, or otherwise harm, in our opinion, us and/or the Services.
- Use any information obtained from the Services in order to harass, abuse, or harm another person.
- Make improper use of our support services or submit false reports of abuse or misconduct.
- Use the Services in a manner inconsistent with any applicable laws or regulations.
- Engage in unauthorized framing of or linking to the Services.
- Upload or transmit (or attempt to upload or to transmit) viruses, Trojan horses, or other material, including excessive use of capital letters and spamming (continuous posting of repetitive text), that interferes with any party’s uninterrupted use and enjoyment of the Services or modifies, impairs, disrupts, alters, or interferes with the use, features, functions, operation, or maintenance of the Services.
- Engage in any automated use of the system, such as using scripts to send comments or messages, or using any data mining, robots, or similar data gathering and extraction tools.
- Delete the copyright or other proprietary rights notice from any Content.
- Attempt to impersonate another user or person or use the username of another user.
- Upload or transmit (or attempt to upload or to transmit) any material that acts as a passive or active information collection or transmission mechanism, including without limitation, clear graphics interchange formats (“gifs”), 1×1 pixels, web bugs, cookies, or other similar devices (sometimes referred to as “spyware” or “passive collection mechanisms” or “pcms”).
- Interfere with, disrupt, or create an undue burden on the Services or the networks or services connected to the Services.
- Harass, annoy, intimidate, or threaten any of our employees or agents engaged in providing any portion of the Services to you.
- Attempt to bypass any measures of the Services designed to prevent or restrict access to the Services, or any portion of the Services.
- Except as permitted by applicable law, decipher, decompile, disassemble, or reverse engineer any of the software comprising or in any way making up a part of the Services.
- Except as may be the result of standard search engine or Internet browser usage, use, launch, develop, or distribute any automated system, including without limitation, any spider, robot, cheat utility, scraper, or offline reader that accesses the Services, or use or launch any unauthorized script or other software.
- Use a buying agent or purchasing agent to make purchases on the Services.
- Make any unauthorized use of the Services, including collecting usernames and/or email addresses of users by electronic or other means for the purpose of sending unsolicited email, or creating user accounts by automated means or under false pretenses.
- Use the Services as part of any effort to compete with us or otherwise use the Services and/or the Content for any revenue-generating endeavor or commercial enterprise.
- Use the Services to advertise or offer to sell goods and services.
- The creation, distribution, transmission, public display, or performance, and the accessing, downloading, or copying of your Contributions do not and will not infringe the proprietary rights, including but not limited to the copyright, patent, trademark, trade secret, or moral rights of any third party.
- You are the creator and owner of or have the necessary licenses, rights, consents, releases, and permissions to use and to authorize us, the Services, and other users of the Services to use your Contributions in any manner contemplated by the Services and these Legal Terms.
- You have the written consent, release, and/or permission of each and every identifiable individual person in your Contributions to use the name or likeness of each and every such identifiable individual person to enable inclusion and use of your Contributions in any manner contemplated by the Services and these Legal Terms.
- Your Contributions are not false, inaccurate, or misleading.
- Your Contributions are not unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, pyramid schemes, chain letters, spam, mass mailings, or other forms of solicitation.
- Your Contributions are not obscene, lewd, lascivious, filthy, violent, harassing, libelous, slanderous, or otherwise objectionable (as determined by us).
- Your Contributions do not ridicule, mock, disparage, intimidate, or abuse anyone.
- Your Contributions are not used to harass or threaten (in the legal sense of those terms) any other person and to promote violence against a specific person or class of people.
- Your Contributions do not violate any applicable law, regulation, or rule.
- Your Contributions do not violate the privacy or publicity rights of any third party.
- Your Contributions do not violate any applicable law concerning child pornography, or otherwise intended to protect the health or well-being of minors.
- Your Contributions do not include any offensive comments that are connected to race, national origin, gender, sexual preference, or physical handicap.
- Your Contributions do not otherwise violate, or link to material that violates, any provision of these Legal Terms, or any applicable law or regulation.
defend, indemnify, and hold us harmless, including our subsidiaries,
affiliates, and all of our respective officers, agents, partners, and
employees, from and against any loss, damage, liability, claim, or demand, including
reasonable attorneys’ fees and expenses, made by any third party due to or
arising out of: (1) use of the Services; (2) breach of these Legal Terms; (3) any breach of your representations and warranties set forth in these Legal Terms; (4) your violation of the rights of a third party, including but not limited to intellectual property rights; or (5) any overt harmful act toward any other user of the Services with whom you connected via the Services. Notwithstanding the foregoing, we reserve the right, at your expense, to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter for which you are required to indemnify us, and you agree to cooperate, at your expense, with our defense of such claims. We will use reasonable efforts to notify you of any such claim, action, or proceeding which is subject to this indemnification upon becoming aware of it.
certain data that you transmit to the Services for the purpose of managing the
performance of the Services, as well as data relating to your use of the Services. Although we perform regular routine backups
of data, you are solely responsible for all data that you transmit or that
relates to any activity you have undertaken using the Services. You agree
that we shall have no liability to you for any loss or corruption of any such
data, and you hereby waive any right of action against us arising from any such
loss or corruption of such data.
with us is not satisfactorily resolved, you can contact the Complaint
Assistance Unit of the Division of Consumer Services of the California
Department of Consumer Affairs in writing at 1625 North Market Blvd., Suite N
112, Sacramento, California 95834 or by telephone at (800) 952-5210 or (916)
PRIVACY NOTICE REGARDING CLIENT PRIVACY
Maintaining the trust and confidence of our clients is a high priority. That is why we want you to understand how we protect your privacy when we collect and use information about you, and the steps that we take to safeguard that information. This notice is provided to you on behalf of Adirondack Financial Services Corp.
- Information We Collect: In connection with providing investment products, financial advice, or other services, we obtain non-public personal information about you, including:
Information we receive from you on account applications, such as your address, date of birth, Social Security Number, occupation, financial goals, assets and income;
- Information about your transactions with us, our affiliates, or others; and
- Information received from credit or service bureaus or other third parties, such as your credit history or employment status.
Categories of Information We Disclose: We may disclose all information that we collect. Adirondack Financial Services Corp. and its affiliates do not sell customer lists and will not sell your name to telemarketers.
Categories of Parties to Whom We Disclose: We will not disclose information regarding you or your account with us, except under the following circumstances:
- To your authorized Registered Representative and his or her manager;
- To our parent companies or their affiliates, to the extent permitted by law;
- To entities that perform services for us or function on our behalf, including financial service providers, such as a clearing broker-dealer, investment company, or insurance company;
- To consumer reporting agencies,
- To third parties who perform services or marketing on our behalf;
- To your attorney, trustee or anyone else who represents you in a fiduciary capacity;
- To our attorneys, accountants or auditors; and
- To government entities or other third parties in response to subpoenas or other legal process as required by law or to comply with regulatory inquiries.
How We Use Information: Information may be used among the companies that perform support services for us, such as data processors, technical systems consultants and programmers, or companies that help us market products and services to you for a number of purposes, such as:
- To protect your accounts from unauthorized access or identity theft;
- To process your requests such as securities purchases and sales;
- To establish or maintain an account with an unaffiliated third party, such as a clearing broker-dealer providing services to you and/or Adirondack Financial Services Corp.;
- To service your accounts, such as by issuing checks and account statements;
- To comply with Federal, State, and Self-Regulatory Organization requirements;
- To keep you informed about financial services of interest to you.
Our Security Policy: We restrict access to nonpublic personal information about you to those individuals who need to know that information to provide products or services to you and perform their respective duties.
We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural security measures to safeguard confidential client information.
Complaint Notification: Please direct complaints to Patricia Rugari, COO & CFO, Adirondack Financial Services Corp., 185 Genesee Street, Suite 210, Utica, New York, 13501, (315) 724-4186.
Past results are not an indication of future performance.
This website is for informational purposes only and does not constitute a complete description of our investment services or performance. The products and services contained within this website are only intended for residents or entities of the United States where our firm is registered. Information contained herein is not meant or intended for persons or entities in any jurisdiction where such distribution or use would be contrary to the laws or regulations of that jurisdiction; or which would subject Adirondack Financial Services Corp. to any registration requirements. Information or opinions contained herein does not constitute a solicitation or offer to buy or sell any security or financial instrument or provide investment advice.
Information throughout this site and links to this site pertaining to market or other financial information is obtained from sources which we believe are reliable, but we do not warrant or guarantee the timeliness or accuracy of this information.
Neither we nor our information providers shall be liable for any errors or inaccuracies, regardless of cause, or the lack of timeliness of, or for any delay or interruption in, the transmission thereof to the user.
Adirondack Financial Services is an SEC registered investment advisor. The term “registered” does not imply endorsement from the SEC or a certain level of skill. AFS may provide services only to clients residing in states or countries in which it is registered or either excluded or exempted from investment advisor registration. No content here within is intended to provide tax or legal advice. The opinions expressed and materials provided is for general information and should not be considered a solicitation for the purchase or sale of any security. Please remember that different types of investments involve varying degrees of risk and there can be no assurance of future performance or future profit. Investment products are not insured by FDIC or any federal agency or institution.
Information contained in this website is the intellectual property of Adirondack Financial Services and may not be reproduced, transmitted, distributed or published in any form or by any means without the prior written consent of Adirondack Financial Services. All content is developed from sources believed to be providing accurate information.
Adirondack Financial Services Corp. (AFS) is committed to safeguarding the interests of our clients and customers in the event of an emergency or significant business disruption.
We have developed a Business Continuity Plan (BCP) to address how we will respond to events that would significantly disrupt our business. Since the timing, scope, and impact of any interruption or natural disaster is unpredictable, we will have to be flexible in responding to actual events as they occur. With that in mind, this is a summary of our BCP plans.
Contact – If you are unable to contact your individual account manager during and/or following a significant business interruption, you may contact Patricia Rugari at 315-624-2624 or 315-724-4186 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org If these numbers are not available, you may try to contact Pershing LLC, the individual fund or insurance company with whom you have placed your investments and/or accounts if you need prompt access. Those phone numbers and website addresses can be found on your most recent statement.
Our Plan – We plan to be able to recover and resume business operations quickly after a significant business interruption. We can do this due to our efforts to safeguard our employees and property, assess financial and operational abilities, protect the firm’s books and records, and allow our clients to transact business.
The plan addresses data backup and recovery, mission critical systems; financial and operational readiness; alternative communications with clients, employees, independent registered representatives, and regulators; critical supplier, contractor, and banking relationships; regulatory reporting; and assuring our customers prompt access to their funds in the event that we are unable to continue our business.
The mutual fund families and insurance companies with whom we do business also back up many client records in a geographically separate area from our firm. We also have additional back-up assistance from data clearinghouses. These companies are also geographically separate from our firm.
Significant Business Disruptions (SBDs) – Our plan anticipates two kinds of SBDs, internal and external. Internal SBDs affect only our firm’s ability to communicate and do business, such as a fire in our building. External SBDs prevent the operation of the securities markets or a number of firms, such as a terrorist attack, a city flood, or a wide-scale, regional disruption. Our response to an external SBD relies more heavily on other organizations and systems, especially on the capabilities of our clearing firm.
Disclaimer – The Firm’s comprehensive business continuity strategy is designed to enable us to meet our existing obligations to our clients and customers even in the event of an emergency or significant business disruption; however it is not infallible. The plan is designed to work in many different emergency situations; but these events are, by their nature, unpredictable and it is impossible to anticipate every scenario that could cause a business disruption. Furthermore, although we are confident in our own preparedness, AFS has no control over the various entities that we must rely upon in the event of an emergency. Our business continuity plans are tested periodically to ensure readiness; yet such tests may not be able to replicate the actual conditions we experience in a real emergency. This BCP is subject to change without notice. In the event that this BCP is modified, the updated document will be promptly posted on our internet website. The information contained in this disclosure is provided by AFS for informational purposes only. Nothing contained herein shall be construed to amend, supplement or otherwise modify any of the terms and conditions set forth in any customer agreement between you and AFS.
If you have further questions about our plan – If you have any additional questions, please feel free to contact us at 315-724-4186
AFS has several employees that are registered representatives of Hazard & Siegel. They are able to offer registered products through that platform. Hazard & Siegel is a FINRA registered broker/dealer. Securities offered through Hazard & Siegel Inc., Member, FINRA & SIPC.
Adirondack Financial Services Corp. and Hazard & Siegel Inc. are separate and unaffiliated entities. For more information relating to Hazard & Siegel Inc. please visit www.hazardsiegel.com